SlenderPet is a 100% herbal remedy specially formulated to assist pets to maintain healthy body weight by supporting liver and thyroid functioning, metabolism, and the body's ability to eliminate fat. Used regularly and as part of a total weight management program, SlenderPet is a very effective remedy for pets.
SlenderPet is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Bladderwrack, Dandelion, Milk Thistle, Rice powder, Turmeric.
- Bladderwrack (Fucus vesiculosis) is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. Iodine assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) was used more than three thousand years ago by Indian healers in the management of healthy body weight. Modern research has shown that Curcuma has a tonic effect on the liver, supporting the flow of bile, which is responsible for the breakdown of dietary fat. It has also been studied for its ability to support overall health (Ruby, A. J., Kuttan, G., Babu, K. D., Rajasekharan, K. N., and Kuttan, R. "Anti-tumour and antioxidant activity of natural curcuminoids." Cancer Lett. 7-20-1995;94(1):79-83)
- Milk Thistle (Sylibum marianus) is regarded as one of the most important herbal liver tonics and restoratives and its use may be traced back more than 2000 years. Milk Thistle has been subject to many clinical trials which clearly demonstrate its effectiveness. Clinical studies have shown that it helps the liver to maintain normal functioning. (Katiyar SK, Korman NJ, Mukhtar H, et al. "Protective effects of silymarin against photocarcinogenesis in a mouse skin model." J Natl Cancer Inst 1997; 89(8):556-566.) Scientific analysis of Milk Thistle shows that it contains a flavonoid complex called silymarin, which is largely responsible for the therapeutic benefits of this herb. Silymarin is a powerful anti-oxidant and can help to promote healthy liver functioning. (Mourelle M, Muriel P, Favari L, et al. "Prevention of CCL4-induced liver cirrhosis by silymarin." Fundam Clin Pharmacol 1989; 3(3):183-191.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It supports liver and gall bladder functioning and may also assist in the maintenance of healthy blood pressure within normal levels, as it supports fluid balance in the body. (Racz-Kotilla, E., Racz, G., and Solomon, A. "The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals." Planta Med 1974;26(3):212-217. )(Hook I, McGee A, Henman M, and et al. "Evaluation of dandelion for diuretic activity and variation in potassium content." Int J Pharmacog 1993;31(1):29-34.) Taraxacum also contains bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver and digestive system. (Kuusi T, Pyylaso H, and Autio K. "The bitterness properties of dandelion." II. Chemical investigations. Lebensm-Wiss Technol 1985; 18:347-349.)
- Rice Powder (inactive ingredient)