GlucoEnsure contains a specially selected combination of herbs known for their ability to maintain pancreatic health and support the pancreas in its function of the normal production of insulin. Research has demonstrated that the ingredients in GlucoEnsure help to keep blood sugar levels within the normal range. In addition, GlucoEnsure is an excellent all-round tonic supplement and will also help to maintain healthy circulation, digestion and cardiovascular health, while supporting immune functioning and feelings of health and vitality. GlucoEnsure is very effective used alone, or as part of a total veterinarian program.
GlucoEnsure is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Bilberry, Chromium picolinate, Fenugreek, Goat's rue, Astragalus, Rice powder.
- Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) helps to support healthy vision and the tiny blood capillaries which carry oxygen to the eyes when used regularly. Research has supported the benefits of Bilberry to the health of the eyes (Bone K. "Bilberry-The vision herb." MediHerb Prof Rev. 1997; 59:1-4.).
- Chromium picolinate is a mineral supplement and highly absorbable nutritional form of chromium - an essential nutrient for sugar and fat metabolism. The adequate daily dietary intake for chromium is 50 to 200 micrograms, but most diets contain less than 60% of this intake! The FDA agrees that chromium may be of benefit in reducing the risk of insulin resistance and possibly of type 2 diabetes. In one controlled study, subjects were administered a placebo or 100 or 500 micrograms of chromium picolinate two times per day for four months. Those subjects receiving 100 micrograms twice per day demonstrated no significant improvements, while the group receiving 500 micrograms twice per day saw highly significant improvements in the glucose/insulin system (Anderson RA. "Nutritional factors influencing the glucose/insulin system: chromium." J Am Coll Nutr. 1997; 16(5):404-10.) (Martin J, Wang Z, Zhang X, Wachtel, D, Volautova J, Matthews D, Cefalu W. "Diabetes Care." Volume 29; 8: 2006.).
- Goat’s rue (Galega officinalis) was traditionally used in medieval Europe to help support pancreatic health and maintain healthy insulin levels and this has more recently been confirmed by clinical trials (Muller H, Reinwein H. "Pharmacology of galegin." Arch Expll Path Pharm. 1927; 125:212-28.). Studies have also suggested that this potent herb has been shown to help the body in maintaining balanced glucose in the bloodstream (Petricic J, Kalodera Z. Galegin in the Goat's rue herb: its toxicity, anti-diabetic activity and content determination. Acta Pharm Jugosl. 1982; 32(3):219-23.).
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) is one of the oldest medicinal herbs with documented use in ancient Egypt and Chinese traditional medicine. Clinical trials in India suggest that regular use of Fenugreek may help to naturally maintain blood sugar levels within the normal range (Thakran, S., Siddiqui, M. R., and Baquer, N. Z. "Trigonella foenum graecum seed powder protects against histopathological abnormalities in tissues of diabetic rats." Mol Cell Biochem 2004; 266(1-2):151-159.).
- Huang qi (Astragalus membranaceus) has been shown to assist in the maintenance of healthy blood sugar levels and can help to promote natural energy and feelings of vitality due to its wonderful tonic properties (Li C, Cao L, Zeng Q. "Astragalus prevents diabetic rats from developing cardiomyopathy by down regulating angiotensin II type2 receptors' expression." J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 2004; 24(4):379-384.).
- Rice Powder (inactive ingredient)