Ear Dr. contains a blend of natural, herbal ingredients in a medicinal olive oil base, all specially selected to help maintain normal levels of ear wax and keep ear canals clear and free of blockages. 30 ml liquid.
Ear Dr. is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Calendula (Calendula officinalis), Mullein (Verbascum thapsus), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Tea tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), and Extra virgin olive oil.
- Calendula (Calendula officinalis) is an herbal ingredient used to treat skin problems and promote healing of wounds. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory and prevents infection with its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Calendula has been shown to assist the regeneration of damaged skin tissue.
- Mullein (Verbascum thapsus) is an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic herb. Mullein is also good for healing of skin when applied topically and has a long history of use for ear conditions. It is commonly applied externally to the ear in the form of ear drops. Recent studies have investigated Mullein for its ability to soothe the ear (Sarrell EM, Mandelberg A, Cohen HA. "Efficacy of naturopathic extracts in the management of ear pain associated with acute otitis media." Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001; 155:796-799).
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is well known in naturopathic circles as a topical pain reliever and antiseptic/disinfectant herb, and can be used internally as well as on the skin to support skin integrity and the natural protective function of the skin. Rosemary has been studied for its ability to support healthy levels of bacteria and microbes (Santoyo, S., Cavero, S., Jaime, L., Ibanez, E., Senorans, F. J., and Reglero, G. "Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of Rosmarinus officinalis L. essential oil obtained via supercritical fluid extraction." J Food Prot. 2005; 68(4):790-795). Several of the compounds in rosemary have also been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Tea tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) is widely used for external inflammation and to treat various skin conditions. This oil has outstanding antibacterial, antifungal and healing properties. Tea tree oil will soothe and reduce inflammation in the ear as well as treat any bacterial, fungal or mite infection that is present (Carson CF, Riley TV. Antimicrobial activity of the major components of the essential oil of Melaleuca alternifolia. J Appl Bacteriol 1995; 78(3):264-269).
- Extra virgin olive oil contains phenol compounds that are highly beneficial, according to scientists, who add that these compounds have anti-inflammatory properties and can protect skin (Publio Viola and Marzia Viola. Virgin olive oil as a fundamental nutritional component and skin protector. Clinics in Dermatology. 2009; 27 (2): 159-65. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19167997. Accessed October 29, 2012).