AnalGlandz encourages natural emptying of the anal glands and helps cleanse, soften and empty the anal glands in both dogs and cats. AnalGlandz is a 100% herbal remedy which can be used topically to also assist with manual expression of your pet's anal glands. Regular use will help keep the anal glands and surrounding area healthy.
AnalGlandz is a 100% herbal formula and contains the following ingredients in therapeutic dosage: Chamomile, Dandelion, Extract of Nettle, Silica (6C), Yarrow.
- Stinging Nettle (Urtica urens) is excellent for natural cleansing, providing a soothing tonic effect. (Obertreis, B., Giller, K., Teucher, T., Behnke, B., and Schmitz, H. "Anti-inflammatory effect of Urtica dioica folia extract in comparison to caffeic malic acid". Arzneimittelforschung. 1996;46(1):52-56.)
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) is a well-known and effective herbal cleanser found all over the world. This herb will also act as an excellent skin cleanser and detoxifier and is perfect for use on the anal glands.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) was regarded as one of the nine sacred herbs given to the world by ancient Anglo-Saxons. In modern times it is widely used as a gentle cleansing and soothing herb. (Maiche, A. G., Grohn, P., and Maki-Hokkonen, H. "Effect of chamomile cream and almond ointment on acute radiation skin reaction." Acta Oncol 1991;30(3):395-396.)( Glowania, H. J., Raulin, C., and Swoboda, M. "Effect of chamomile on wound healing--a clinical double-blind study." Z.Hautkr. 9-1-1987;62(17):1262, 1267-1271.)
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) will help to support the health of the skin around the anal glands.
- Silica (6C) is a natural remedy excellent for supporting natural emptying of the anal sacs. Silica will also help to keep the anal ducts open.